Friday, January 22, 2016

The good, the bad and the braided...

"This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him." Psalm 91:2

"Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."  Psalm 25:5

There were things to love about today and things to hate.  I'm just being honest when I say it feels like a battle, and I don't really know if we are winning.  Its not that we are loosing either, its just hard.

The day started early.  Leaving the hotel at 8am, turned into 8:30 after we discovered the van battery was dead.  Our prayer time this morning included our request that God ignore the internet's forecast of rain all day and give us lots of dry hours and do you know our day was without any showers.  Its good to know God's weather decisions are not dictated by anything but his own choosing.  We are grateful.

The van was up and down the hilly, deeply rutted road to the property 4 full times today.  Negotiations with the builder were completed by 10am, and the group scattered to pick up supplies, tour neighboring construction sites, meet with the power utility representative, and pick up and deliver Chayah children anxious to help with the building.

About 1pm, the first hoe went into the soil and a crew of about 15 men got the footings dug on the land manager's house.  The second residence for our cowboy may or not have also 
been started but we pray so. 


But, there is this question STILL about the correct property lines.  The question of seven acres has been answered, but the specific boundary lines still up in the air.  I'm tempted to take a pair of handcuffs tomorrow morning as we meet with the surveyor just to keep him tethered until a very legitimate survey in completed to every one's satisfaction.  It matters and has a great impact on all of the master plan work done in September.  

But it seems today that the ambiguous even nearly random parcel drawings are not an issue to anyone but us and its discouraging and I just want to pout about the whole thing.  We are trusting God and praying He will bring clarity tomorrow.  With His recent power-proving weather switch and obvious command of the atmosphere it feels like my faith tank should be topped off...but I'm feeling more like a wimp tonight, and that's just the ugly truth.

We did have some fun moments at Chayah's home today...

This crew had some fun crafts and card making in the afternoon.





Sharon, Moreen, Rashid, Kwagala, Doreen, Regina and Kristen

 I also spent a couple of hours with this darling thing.  It's her daddy's job to keep track and guard the land from trespassing, squatters and thieves.  At 3, Angela was so intrigued to watch herself in the camera...


                           Then she created a masterpiece with left-handed precision.



                         There isn't a more darling three year old artist in all of Africa!

I'm one to get caught up in the details.  It's just like God to use the littlest braided distraction to help me glimpse the big picture again.  

Not everything is going according to our plans, but we trust Him with the good, the bad and the braided!

No comments:

Post a Comment